Bathing suits – which style and colour will enable you to bare all?
Your summer holiday should be something to look forward to but if the thought of wearing your swimming costume fills you with dread, don’t panic, just follow these simple rules to achieve beachwear body confidence and ‘seas the day’!
A lot of women believe that the darker the colour of the suit, the more flattering. But that’s definitely not the case! When you’re flashing more flesh than usual, your costume needs to be in one of your most flattering colours. For example, if you have auburn hair, wear a green or turquoise bathing suit.
In fact it is also imperative to ensure that the details such as ties, prints and cut, flatter your body shape not draw attention to your challenges!
Small bust, straight body shape
- Make the most of your dainty bust line by choosing tops with built-in padding – nothing says poolside glamour quite like metallic sheens in bronze, silver and gold this summer.
- Halter-necks and bandeau work wonders by giving the illusion of a fuller bust.
- Avoid solid colour, wear geometric patterns instead, the Aztec/Mexican prints this season are definitely for you.
- Embellish to your hearts content with jewels, ties, ruffles and bows at the bust and hip line.
Full bust, curvy body shape
- Spend as much as you can afford on swimwear – choose suits that have underwire or built-in support and wider straps - they’ll be more supportive.
- V, scoop or square necklines will be most flattering.
- Keep away from boy shorts, skimpy bottoms and styles with skirts – or you will draw attention to your widest point.
- Embrace retro blooms and tap into your inner 50s siren and work that vintage-inspired feminine shape. Grace Kelly eat your heart out!
- For Summer 2015, piping is also being used on swimsuits to create graphic patterns and flattering silhouettes, black lines adorn swimwear everywhere. It’s all very surfer-chic.
All you need now is a sunhat, a great pair of 70s chunky platforms to lengthen your legs, some chic shades and you’re ready for the beach or to look ‘cool by the pool’. Yes, you do want to look fab in those holiday snaps, after all, you will be looking at them until your next beach holiday!
Written by Shan Williams, Personal Stylist.
To ensure you are wearing the best colour and style swimsuit why not contact one of our consultants for a colour and style consultation. Click here www.colourmebeautiful.co.uk/consultant/search/ and just pop in your postcode to find out who is nearest you and send them an email. We are a friendly and knowledgeable team!
Lots more to look at on www.pinterest.com/colourmebeautuk/bathing-suits-dare-to-bare/
Images courtesy of Pinterest.